Thursday, May 3, 2012

Goodbye my friend!

Sadly it is time to say goodbye to a dear friend of mine.... my laptop : (

I got my laptop in January of 2004! My good friend Stacy Julian bought it for me so I could help her with her keynote presentation that she gave at the Close To My Heart Convention in June of 2004. (Close To My Heart is a rubber stamp company, formerly named Dots.) Anyway, Stacy was giving this big Keynote address and she offered to pay me to help her by buying me a laptop!!

Stacy and I in Dallas CTMH Convention June 2004

Oct 2004 Austin Tx. Scrapbook convention. Showing a few of my favorite things! laptop is included!
Another work trip to Dallas 2005
This little baby has been my sidekick for the last 8 years! It has been to Hawaii, California, Washington, Dallas, Utah, Minnesota, Chicago and all sorts of places! I must admit that when I got my iPad, it took a back seat. But, I still work for Stacy and I check her email accounts everyday for her and I only check those emails on my laptop. But, last night I finally added those email accounts to my iMac because half the time i tried to use my laptop I couldn't get it to turn on.


A few days ago I found some electrical tape and fixed the crack in the cord... it sort of works now. The battery is completely dead, so if it's not plugged in, it doesn't work. Last week I was trying to hold the cord still with one hand and type with the other! hahaha. It was pretty funny. The tape is actually working pretty good.

Not only is the cord shot, it is extremely slow!!! I decided to set my timer last night to see how long it takes to open the internet. 


 For real!! 1 minute 51 seconds to bring up Safari! I timed my iMac and it took 5 seconds! Wow!



I guess I need to back everything up and say goodbye to my friend! I will miss it!! I will probably save it under my bed!I love my iPad, but there are just some things you need to do on a real computer. So, I am saving my money for a new friend!



No comments: