Sunday, August 5, 2012

27 hours in Dallas

On July 12th I flew to Dallas for a whopping 27 hours! My good friend Stacy Julian was speaking at the Close To My Heart convention and she asked me to go with her for moral support. (You can learn about CTMH here and Stacy here.)  Stacy was the keynote speaker to 1200 consultants. She is an amazing speaker and inspires me to be a better person every time I hear her speak! She did a great job!!

I flew out early Thursday morning and we met up at the airport in Dallas. Then we went to the Hilton Antatole and it was beautiful. We got settled in our room and worked on Stacy's presentation most of the evening and night!

yummy lunch in the hotel

This artwork in the hotel was so cool!! It would move and change colors! 

Night time view that i took from the hotel website.

We got up Friday morning, Stacy spoke and then we went straight back to the airport!
 It was the fastest trip I ever took!

Stacy speaking. It was very high tech! Big screens and all! 



 I just googled the convention to see if anyone wrote about Stacy and I found this blogpost from this super sweet girl that we met at the show. To understand how much these hard core scrapbookers love Stacy, read it here.  She is a celebrity in the scrapbook world!


 I found another blogpost about the convention and I love her description of Stacy's address... 
Stacy's message is a simple one: Be present in your life. Scrapbook your LIFE, your PEOPLE, not events. Not to use every cute little sticker that you found. Your scrapbooks should tell a story to whoever reads them. You don't have to document every EVENT with all those photos you've taken. It's okay to NOT put them in your album. But document your FEELINGS, your HOPES and DREAMS, and be PRESENT in your life as it is right now.  


She closed with this video she made. So wonderful!
 



Thank you Stacy for taking me with you!! I miss you and loved seeing you again, even if it was only for 27 hours! You are an inspiration and a great friend!

2 comments:

ibshell said...

Sincerely, this post makes me Spokane homesick. I get that way from time to time. Although I love it here where we live now, I miss good strong friends like you and Stacy in my daily life. True salt of the earth!

Megan said...

Allison! Thanks for your warm words about my blog and thank you so much for sharing it here. It was such a pleasure to meet you.

With Gratitude,

Megan