Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Birthday John!


We had a fun birthday weekend last week. John turned the big 48! I surprised him with tickets to go see  Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. It was playing up at Spring Mountain Ranch near Red Rock. It was a really nice night. We took our friends Jamie and Greg and we picked up a picnic dinner on the way. We ate on the grass and waited for the show to start. It was a different version of the play, a bit more rock and roll feel to it. We enjoyed it. I can't say it was great, but it was fun. It was a good way to start off the birthday weekend!




Saturday morning we got up early and drove up to Zion National Park. John's favorite place to go! He had been wanting to go all summer and we finally had a free Saturday to go. Since it was John's birthday we got the boys to go without complaining! We hiked a few hours into the narrows. We like that hike because you get wet and stay cool! The water was really low and very brown! Not sure why it was so muddy?? Maybe because there was a lot of rain that week?? All I know is Mitchell's white shirt is now cream colored! I tried bleaching it and everything... oh well. 

John enjoying the water!

The boys cooling off

Beautiful! 

I took self portraits why the boys swam. I only went n when i had to cross the river.
It was a little muddy for me!

so pretty!

Mitchell found a nice cave...

Happy Birthday Honey!

Tanner checking how deep it was for Mitch to jump

brothers... 

My honey

Tanner found a baby lizard

We hurried home and got showered and went to Kona Grill for dinner. Yum!!




so good!!
 After dinner he opened his presents!


a new football! 




Happy Birthday John!!!  I think he had a great day!

No comments: