Sunday, August 26, 2012

On my mind...

It's Sunday evening, the house is quiet and I have a few things running through my mind...

1. Tanner starts high school tomorrow???!!! Did you read that right?? Yes, my baby starts high school tomorrow! I am freaking out a bit! (Not as bad as him! he just went to bed and is a little worried about the big day.) Wasn't he in kindergarten a few years ago?? CRAZY how fast time goes. I am excited for him. I know he will enjoy high school. He is in student council and they have been meeting for the last 2 weeks and he is loving it. They worked hard to get the school all ready for tomorrow and they are already working on homecoming things!
Pre-school graduation


2. Mitchell's mission papers are in! He should get his call this Thursday or next! Where will he go?? Who knows?? i am anxious to find out! So is he! I can't believe it's really happening. We have tried to prepare him for this step his whole life and now it is here! I am so excited for him!

He looks like a missionary!


3. What projects do I want to work on when school starts?? I haven't scrapbooked in ages, I would love to get my scrapbook room in order and get going on that again. And I have seen so many things on pinterest that I want to do! Most of them have to do with organizing my house!

4. Church was great today. It was ward conference and Bishop and President Schlauder gave great talks. They inspired me to be a better mom, help Tanner more with his Duty to God and inspired me to be a better missionary and a better person all around! I love our ward! I love my primary class! We are learning about Christ coming to the Americas right now so I showed half of "The Testaments" movie that the church put out a few years ago. I love that movie. I loved hearing one of my kids say she got chills when it showed the Savior healing someone! I love the gospel and love learning with my class and I especially love when the spirit touches them!

5. Cub scouts starts again this week. We took the summer off. I have missed my cute boys this summer!

6. Healthy eating has been on my mind. I came home from the beach in June and decided my life needed to change. I have been reading books and listening to podcasts that have been helping me change a few things in my life.  I have learned so much! I will do a whole post later on the books and things that have been helping me on my new journey. I feel healthier than I have in a long time. I wish the weight was coming off faster, but at least it going in the right direction. I have energy to exercise again and have been running my little 3 mile loop again.

7. My wonderful husband had a birthday yesterday! We had a great day! We went up to Zion and hiked the narrows. It was a blast. He has been wanting to go all summer and we finally got a free Saturday and got the boys to agree to go! We had a really nice time there! The boys even had fun! (I will do a whole post with pictures on it tomorrow!)

So, that's what is on my mind tonight as I sit in front of my computer and ponder about life.

2 comments:

suzanne said...

this post makes me want to STOP the CLOCK right where we are!!! i don't want my boys to GROW UP!! but, what GREAT men you have to be PROUD of !!! good luck being healthy!! :)

Sarchet Family said...

I know! Life is crazy! It goes way to fast. I love your kids and enjoy seeing them grow up. Great examples for my boys. Love ya! Julie