Friday, April 18, 2008

6 miles....

Is how far I jogged this morning! Yah me!! I know some of you are marathon runners, and 6 miles is a warm up.... but for me, this is a long ways! For a year I have been real comfortable with 3 miles. About 2 months ago i decided I needed to step it up a notch and work harder to get some of this extra poundage off me that I have gained back. I thought that since I can't seem to control my eating, that some harder exercise would help. No such luck! I have been working my tail off and have lost like one pound! I guess you have to do both! I hate that. (I put out of my mind all that I learned in Weight Watchers and tried to do my own thing) I am SO TIRED of watching what I eat. Why can't I be one of those natural skinny people and eat whatever I want!!!

I guess I better go to my Weight Watchers meeting next week and face reality! depressing.... 

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Allison, you are too hard on yourself. Six miles is amazing!!! That takes a lot of hard work, determination, and persistence to work up to running that far. Awesome job!!! And you look great! I, too, hate watching everything I eat. Ugg! I like your idea of exercising more. We should get together and invent a "no diet" diet!!!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Nikki and I used to run 4 and thought we were pretty great! smile I can't even imagine 6 ! I'd fall over dead WALKING that far now! smile You look great... I wonder if there are some exercises that are better burners... and then, the muscle you are gaining weighs more than fat so probably you are really loosing! Sure do love you! Mom

suzanne said...

you are AWESOME! i get tired driving six miles!! i think you look great.

Toby and Tammy said...

Wow! Six miles? I cringe when I have to walk up a flight of stairs! Good for you. :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Alison,
You go girl! I think you look great and it is more important how heathy you feel. Keep up the great work.

Judy said...

Allison, You look great! I know that John would agree with me, just ask him. He is always bragging about how HHHOOOTTT his wife looks! Say "hi" to Maria for me,She is the best ww motivater. Call me!!
Judy

Anonymous said...

Allison, you are one beautiful woman! And talented. 6 miles! That's a great accomplishment.

You always look great to me!
Love,
John

susan bunker said...

six miles is INCREDIBLE!!! maybe i should be your weight watchers buddy. i am really in need of some inspiration myself! it is SO sad!