Monday, April 14, 2008

After a long winters nap....

One of the turtles finally woke up today. Our two turtles have been in hibernation all winter and the big one moved around and ate some lunch! (I forget his name, how sad) I think Tanner named him long neck??? I was beginning to worry that maybe they were dead and not hibernating.... I miss watching them out my kitchen window. They are funny little creatures and little things entertain me! It's our first winter with them, so I haven't experienced this hibernating thing yet and I don't know what to expect... I had no idea they would sleep this long! They snuggled down for their nap in like November, that's along time to sleep. I wonder how long a bear sleeps?? Anyway he only woke up for like an hour and ate some lettuce and then went back to his favorite spot and went back to sleep. I hope the other little guy isn't dead... he's still out. I wish I could nap like them!!



Look at his cute little tongue in the second picture. Love my turtles!! Oh, my hummingbirds are back too. I think there are some new little babies too! They are so cute!

6 comments:

suzanne said...

i like turtles. i like that they are low maintenance and that they are quiet. i want to see the baby hummingbirds. :)

susan bunker said...

allison, you are a great turtle mommy! thanks for teaching me all sorts of stuff about them that i didn't know!

Debbie said...

Allison, can we get our kids to hibernate? Cute turtles and great photos. How can there be a winter in Las Vegas? If the turtles were here they'd stay asleep until July!

Erin Camp said...

Cute! My kids need turtles....... Someday:)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Awesome turtles! I hope the second one is not dead. My boys will love seeing them one day. I need to plan something. Tortuga's are one of Andrews favorite animals. You are soo cool to have them! :-)