Saturday, November 22, 2008

Costco vs. Sam's Club

I don't want to sound snobbish... but, there is a huge difference between these two stores. When I moved here, I thought I didn't like Sam's Club because of 2 reasons. 1. I had never been to one. 2. I am from Washington, the home of Costco corporate. I like to stay loyal to my home town. But today, I have realized those are not the reasons I prefer to go to Costco. I just got home from Sam's and I was so frustrated by the time I left... I waited in line to order a pizza for no joke, 10 minutes. Did they not just finish remodeling the snack bar?? shouldn't things be faster now? Not with only one person working at dinner time?? what are they thinking??? (they took out their soda machine in their remodeling?? All they have is bottled pop now and I heard the lady in front of me say it was warm. I hate bottled pop. Way too carbonated for me.) Then I walk over to the photo center... the photo center is really the only reason I like to go to Sam's. I prefer their photo finishing to Costco. I think their color is so much better. So, I go over to pick up my enlargements that I uploaded and there is no one there?? what?? I go find a worker who is totally dressed like a total slob and ask him if anyone is working in the photo center and he tells me she is on a break?? How can you close a department for a break at a big store like that? I don't think that would happen at Costco. So, I had to wait another 10 minutes to get pictures. Then I grab the 2 things I needed and I wasn't about to shop around because I was a little mad, so I grabbed my pizza and left. Very frustrating. I don't think Sam's gets the whole customer service thing... I will admit, some of their prices are a bit better, but not enough to get me there all the time. It's kind of like Target vs. Walmart. Love the class of Target, but love the prices of Walmart. I guess you have to pay for class. Enough of my venting... I hope I am not offending anyone. sorry.

5 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Talk to Elizabeth, she is totally sold on Costco, and thinks they may be cheaper, plus they have the good pot stickers that Sams doesn't carry. It is just hard for me to switch when Sams is only a mile from my house. I was tempted to go today to taste all the yummy food, but I just stayed home all day instead.

suzanne said...

i am definitely a costco girl.

Carrie said...

I'm totally with ya, girl. It is really the same difference as Target v. WalMart. Plus Costco has yummy frozen yogurt! :)

Sarchet Family said...

Its Ok- Costco is better!

Kathy's Boys said...

I had to laugh when I read this post!! It totally reminded me of my comments to you about Toilet
Papering!! Hope you are feeling better. That went through our whole family last week and it's no fun!