Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

I feel like I've been gone for weeks! We went to the cabin over Nevada Day weekend and came home for 1 and 1/2 days and left again. I wrote that like the cabin was ours... I wish! Anyway, we had a wonderful time at Dix's cabin in Brian Head with my family. My parents came, my sister Cindy and her family, which included her married daughter and son in law and my brother Todd and his family. It was so fun! I wish all of my family could have made it! LOVE them all!

We spent the weekend doing puzzles, learning how to make digital scrapbook pages, eating, watching football, 4 wheeling, shooting bb guns, watching movies, the kids played the Wii and of course spending the late hours playing hearts. My family is pretty serious about hearts! We taught the teenagers how to play and they did pretty good. I believe I won the first night and Cindy lost big time! Fun memories.

We came home Tuesday and then I left for Spokane on Thursday morning. I had a great time up there visiting with friends. I spent the first 3 nights at Stacy's house. Stacy is such a wonderful hostess! She picked me up at the airport and took me straight to the mall for pedicures, well we actually had a short $200 dollar stop at Target. That's not hard for Stacy... she loves Target! I love shopping with people who love to spend money! I showed her 3 games my kids love and she bought them! Pedicures were wonderful. They brought back memories of my days working for her. Before every big scrapbook show that we would go to, we always made time to run and get a pedicure before we left. When we got to Stacy's she had a big basket of fun treats for me in my room. She bought me these cute DOTS slippers and the most cool box of candy. It's called "the best candies from the 70's". She knows me well. We spent each night talking for hours! Geof even joined in on the conversations one night!

Friday was the big card party and I pretty much got nothing done. I brought my laptop hoping to make a few digital scrapbook pages, but I spent the whole day and night talking and eating! It was wonderful to catch up with so many of my friends. I am so sad that my camera is still broken! I have no pictures from the whole weekend. I was just on Stacy's blog and she did have one picture of us making brownies. I know she took a lot more, I will have to get them from her.

Saturday night Stacy, Whitney and I went to Coeur d' Alene Idaho for dinner. We ate at the Dockside restaurant that is right on the lake. It was amazing! I think they were trying to remind me how beautiful the Pacific Northwest was! It's definitely got my heart. I haven't grown to love the desert beauty yet. But, I must say, it did rain every day I was there! No joke. Not a bit of sunshine. I got my rain fix for the year.

Sunday night I spent the night at Whitney's and we talked the night away! I flew to Salt Lake on Monday and drove home on Tuesday with Ashley and Mitchell. They had their first road trip to Utah without us! They went up and visited friends. Thanks Barb for taking Mitchell for the weekend! He had a great time with Jake! You can move back anytime! Ashley had fun with Alex and Kristine.

I came home very tired! It's always fun to get away for a quick trip, but I LOVE coming home. Nothing like your own bed, your husband next to you in that bed, and your kids! I spent the day today trying to get caught up on laundry, emails and all that fun stuff that you ignore when you are away!

I will post the pictures of the cabin tomorrow... I've got to get to bed!

3 comments:

suzanne said...

sounds like fun... there's nothing better than food, friends and family!!!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Sounds like tons of fun. I agree about the desert beauty, not the same as the Northwest, but I also agree that rain all day every day is not my idea of fun anymore. It sure used to be. Glas you are back safe and sound.

Elder Jake Zebe said...

It was great to have Mitchell here..he's welcome anytime! Moving back????...I WISH my life was that simple right now!