Thursday, February 19, 2009

praise the lord

so this is ashley.
FIRST, i was going to write a blog about how ridiculously impossible it is for an average white girl with no disabilities or bizarre talents to get a scholarship. i searched for an hour on tuesday and found NOTHING.
THEN, i was going to write a blog about how i gave blood this morning and almost blacked out. scariest moment of my life. oh and dont forget the cool blood blister that now occupies half of my arm.
THIRD. i was going to write about how i got my precious volvo back today, making this the best day of my life thus far.

but then, something amazing happened that is the only thing i care about right now...

i got accepted to BYU PROVO!!

my first thoughts: shut up.. shut up.. no way!!! oh my gosh. shut up. no! you're kidding.

then i called my dad, and some other relatives. holy crap. i still cant believe it!! this is seriously the biggest thing that has happened in my life.. i have wanted this for so long and now it happened. i cant express the pure joy i am feeling. it's so great to know that pulling all of those ALL NIGHTERS throughout highschool doing stupid projects and endless homework... it was all worth something. this is crazy. now i have to plan housing and what the heck am i going to eat? and i also have to convince my mom that i desperately need a car. dont you guys agree???? i hate mooching off people. i dont think i would be able to live somewhere without a car... these past few weeks have been freaking ridiculous just sharing a car with my mom. so i am trying to brace myself for that. wish me luck :( BUT HOLY CRAP I GOT ACCEPTED!!!!!!!



three words...
best
day
ever

(by the way, these pictures were literally forced on here. they are disgusting, i know. you dont have to tell me)
xoxo, ashley


17 comments:

Janae' said...

Yeah Ash! Go You! One more reason to cheer for Cougar blue. Wait! What am I saying. Go Rebs! Go You! Good Job!

Janae'

John & Allison-It is imperative that Ashley have a car. Riding the bus to the mall is so embarrassing.

See Ashley. I have your back. :)

susan bunker said...

ASHLEY!!! I AM FREAKING OUT WITH YOU!!! best. day. for. sure. Can't wait to hear about the next. best. day.

ps- i'm rooting for you with the car...but i'm sure you could survive without it. megan will be close by if you're not to afraid to drive with her. YIKES!

Carrie said...

Hey Ashley, I am so happy for you and am so proud of you!!! You have always set such a great example for all of the younger girls.... and this is just one more way you have. Thank you so much. P.S. I can't give blood, either. It makes me faint. Love you!

Judy said...

Congrats Ash!! I'm with you on the BLUE!! Can't believe my little my little Mia Maid is all grown up and about to become a college girl. I really am proud of you and you should be too! Love ya Judy
P.S. Do you know how to drive in the snow???

Angeleah Bertoldo said...

best day of my life! im so excited for you to be up here!!! yay!!!

p.s. i get to see your face tomorrow!

Grama Linda said...

Yea!!!!!!! OK I seriously have tears running down my cheeks right now! I am soooooo proud of you and happy for you! That is a huge accomplishment! CONGRATULATIONS!I know how much you wanted this and how hard you worked for it. You are amazing Ashley.

And I am so with you on the car thing... even though parking in Provo is a nightmare!

Toby and Tammy said...

Wahoo!
Congrats Ashley! College was the best time of my life-and I loved life at both BYU and BYU-Idaho.

ps-cars are over rated! :) I had to walk everywhere....luckily I had roommates who had cars.

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

You know I am so proud of you!

Love you!

Dad

P.S. The car issue? Any one want to buy a used Volvo to help raise money for tuition? HA

Jeff and Michele said...

Yeah Ashley! I'm sooo excited for you. I could go either way on the car...just live close enough to walk. I did have a car and it is a nightmare to try to park on campus especially! I decided to take the bus to the mall one time just "for fun"...it wasn't!! It literally took 3 times as long to get there and back.

Anonymous said...

Huge Congrats!! and yes, you absolutely need a car. If your going to go out and do things. . . your mom will want YOU to be the driver!

suzanne said...

great news ashley!! but, the all nighters and all the homework is really JUST beginning. :)

good luck with the car.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Ashley! You are so amazing! If you dont get a car then you can get rides from cute boys! Love ya! Julie

Lisa and Bill said...

I'm so excited for you Ashley! The picture of you crying happy tears made me feel the joy with you! I think having a car up there would be great however walking keeps the heart healthy!

Edie and Luke said...

We are so happy for you Ashley! I love the pic of you crying! You are still so cute even when you cry! Congraulations girl! You deserve the best in this life! Sorry about the scholarship search... maybe you should change your name to Sinquia Winjama or something- I bet you would find millions of scholarships! Love you Ash!

P.S. I have my bets on you not having a car up there- what's Mitchell gonna drive? The oldest can't get EVERYTHING! Ha Ha- Love you girl

email and phone numbers said...

YEAAAAAA! Ashley CONGRATS!!! Oh, & you are no average white girl (tee hee) xo

Debbie said...

Congratulations Ashley - BYU is so much fun! Prepare for the best times of your life and more of the same - all nighters, homework, writing papers etc.
But seriously college days are so so fun, with or without a car...

Alec and Tiffany said...

Congrats!

Alec