Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teenage stress...

The stresses of high school have gotten to Ashley this week. So, we thought we would take the kids to dinner at Fazoli's (Ashley's favorite) the other night to cheer her up... As we were driving to the restaurant we asked Ashley what was wrong and her response was something like this...

"You don't realize how much pressure I have being in High School, hoping to get accepted to college, worrying about boys, worrying about girl friends, my car is broken and my job and everything. I have WAY more pressure that you guys have."

John and I had a good laugh! Oh to be young again and have the pressures of high school instead of having the stresses of jobs, kids, mortgages, cars, financial security, feeding children, keeping the marriage healthy, sending daughter to college next year, church callings and etc.

We love you Ashley!! We love you more than anything and we want you to be happy!! Everything will work out... college will happen before you know it and Heavenly Father will guide you to the one you should go too. Enjoy your last few months of high school... Remember to ENJOY THE MOMENT!

6 comments:

susan bunker said...

good advise from a great mother! i remember feeling those stresses. they are very real! each phase of life prepares you for the next. i hope she finds out soon. not knowing is debilitating some times!

try to find joy in the journey...it is the challenge of life!

Kathy's Boys said...

Tell her to listen to the song "You're gonna miss this"
It is really true. I'm down to one boy at home and I'm really missing the crazy busy days with 4 boys! She is cute and you are a great mom! And I stole some of those recipes too! I've been really struggling in the kitchen department. (My blog is temporarily off for awhile.)

Alec and Tiffany said...

Great advice. And FYI, Go Utah :)

ACR

suzanne said...

i think the "transition" stages are the hardest. moving from one place in your life to another, with all of the concerns and uncertainties... it's kinda scary. i remember being very stressed my last few months of high school. good luck with that. :)

Carrie said...

Ashley, you are so great! Remember, everything will work out for your good. I think it is burnout week for everyone at Bonanza. Poor Amanda has been really stressed out and exhausted lately.... I gave her a "Ferris Beuller's Day Off" on Thursday. I think (hope)it helped! :)

Hang in there!

Erin Camp said...

Does she know my sister Sarah? She feels the same way:) And, since I know she'll want my advice, if she get into BYU-Idaho GO THERE:) Best place ever.