Monday, June 8, 2009

waiting...

Today was one of those days that tested my patience. I took Mitchell to the doctor for a physical for scout camp and we waited for an hour in the room for doctor to come in... then the doctor had NO personality whatsoever and that made me mad... for a $55 dollar physical, he should have at least introduced himself and asked us how we were... he just walked in and said "what are you here for?" and then went on to fill out the form and check him out... I was bothered! My boy is 5 foot 9 inches tall! How did that happen?? I was in denial that he was taller than me! 

Then we get home and I told the boys that if they vacuumed and dusted while I ran to a bridal shower that when I got home we could go get Mitchell's drivers permit. I totally forgot that it was a Monday and the DMV is crazy on Mondays!! We waited in a short line and got the paperwork for the test and I thought that we were lucky and things would go fast! The test line was short and he passed and I still thought we were lucky. Then we got our number in line to wait for the rest of the paper work done and pictures.... That's when the luck ended! We got #G793 and they were on #G553! Not only did we have over 200 people in front of us in the G line, but they had A, E, I and N numbers going too! I should have left then and come back in the morning, but the boy wouldn't hear of it! So, being the good mother that I am, we stuck it out! I was even nice enough to drive them to the dollar store to get a snack. The line only moved 40 people while we were gone for 1/2 hour!!! (i forgot to tell you that Tanner came along... mistake #2) At about 5:00 the numbers started speeding up! It was so strange... you could tell that all the workers wanted to go home so they worked faster. Why can't they work that fast all day?? We walked out with a permit at 6:15 and we got there at 3:00! I had 45 minutes to get home, feed the fam dinner and be ready for the Sister missionaries to come over and have a discussion with a family investigating the church at our house! Good thing they were late. The lesson went great by the way! They have a baptism date set for June 27th! 

Tomorrow I will post some pictures of the 4th year hike that I almost froze to death on this weekend!


4 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Oh mylanta! That is insane. Good for Mitchell that he passed. Jared wont be old enough until November and I am not sure if his leg will be working well enough by then or not.

Jeff and Michele said...

You must have picked the wrong doctor...I took Jake today also and we were out of there in 1/2 hour! He's trying to talk me into just going to the DMV without an appointment to take his driving test, I think your story has convinced me we need an appointment even if its not for 3 months from now.

Judy said...

You are a good mom! I can't believe Mitchell is old enough to get his permit! By the way, the longest I have waited at the DMV in St. George is 15 minutes,and people were complaining about the long wait. The DMV in Clark County is truly a nightmare! I have felt your pain...

When is Ashley's Graduation?

Carrie said...

I've had to go to the DMV a few times lately. Once was in the morning and once was in the afternoon. It didn't make any difference, it still took 3 hours! And Amanda took her driving test on a Monday. It was super crazy and even though she had an appointment the whole process took forever! Hopefully I should be done with that place for a while! You are a good mom!