Friday, June 18, 2010

camp for a day...

I signed up to help my ward cook at camp on Thursday... it was so much fun!!! We got up there at 7:00 am and left camp at 8pm. It was perfect. I wasn't sure how I would feel being there... I was nervous. I will admit that I shed a few tears when I saw the ycl's all huddled around the fire pit for their morning scripture time. I went down to say hi and i lost it. I miss them all so much. So many girls came up and gave me hugs through out the day... it made me feel good. Camp was surviving just fine without me! The new presidency was having fun and doing great.

It was hike day, so the girls made sack lunches right after breakfast... so we had several hours before we needed to make dinner, so we kidnapped Michele and went down to the lodge for lunch. We ordered about 10 different appetizers and desserts and loved them all. I haven't laughed so much and so hard in a long time! Crazy ladies!! I am sure we will all sign up again next year!

It's the perfect way to enjoy camp... sleep in your own bed, no stress before, shower in the morning, go home at the end of the night!



( Kathie with the napkin on her face...)






I have a few pictures i won't post unless i need to blackmail a few of them someday!! haha They involve a cowboy and a statue...

1 comment:

Lisa and Bill said...

Super jealous once again! My ward wasn't cooking this year, so I had no good reason to be up there other than I just wanted to be at camp. Fun pictures with all of your friends. You are very lucky to have such good gal pals!