Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Stranded...

My cousin Julia and her beautiful family stopped at our house Saturday night on their way from Orem to Mesa. They were suppose to be here less than 24 hours... On Sunday morning they decided to drive up to see the temple before church...


Cute picture of them at the temple! The loved it. Less than 10 minutes
later this is what happened...




I NEVER take my phone to church... but on Sunday I grabbed it so i could get the RS announcements off an email that i had gotten. I was at church early because Tanner had a meeting... so was sitting in the chapel and i looked at my phone to get the announcements and there is a voice mail from Julia saying that they had been in an accident on Charleston and Marion near the temple... I called Scott who lives closer to that area and he rushed over to help... I got there a few minutes later. They were sitting at a red light and this SUV didn't see the light or something and rammed right into them! They were squished between the SUV and a big red truck. Big bummer!! They were suppose to leave for Mesa right after church. Dale is doing an internship in Mesa for the next 6 weeks...
Thank goodness everyone was OK. We took little Lucy to the ER because she had a pretty bad mark on her neck from the car seat and the paramedics insisted that she be seen.
Luckily she was just fine...

We were happy to have them stay one more night! Dale's brother came
from Mesa to pick them up in a big 12 passenger van! We had fun playing the Wii and games...

The weather was so perfect on Sunday, that we went to the park! The kids had a great time!

Jacob...



Ashley and Emma...



Dale and Lucy...


Ben...







I love my McAllister cousins!! I have so many fond memories of summer trips in Palo Alto with them. I found some pictures of us at our grandparents 50th wedding anniversary and other fun trips to Great America and Stanford mall! I will have to scan a few of them! My sister Julie and and I loved hanging with Julia and Jenna! They were a few years younger than us, but it never felt that way! It doesn't matter how many years have passed, it always
feels comfortable to be with any of the McAllisters!

Goofy Tanner and Ashley!



Joseph...



After they all crashed on the little cute little Emma said, "that was just like the car accident!"



Ashley loved the little girls!



The Andersen's after a long, emotional day...


2 comments:

Grama Linda said...

What a crazy day! I am so grateful that they were all ok!!! What a beautiful family.

Sarchet Family said...

wow crazy! I am glad they are all ok.