Wednesday, September 8, 2010

$4 date

We are trying to live on a budget a little better... so John invited me on a cheap date (cheap, as in inexpensive :)

He did a little research and found something new to do... the new City Center has a Fine Art Collection. You go to the concierge desk at the new Aria Hotel and ask for this brochure.



The brochure has a map and description of each art piece around City Center. I think we found 8 of the 17... so we have another date planned to go back... We hadn't been down to City Center yet. It is truly amazing. It's huge!! You can't see the strip and it feels like you are downtown in a huge city. We had so much fun finding the art pieces and checking out the new hotels at the same time. There are 3 free art galleries down there too. We loved it. There is a tram that takes you around the different hotels and it ends at the Bellagio. So of course we had to go watch the fountains.

This is at one of the art galleries... the guy who made the glass exhibit in the Bellagio lobby.
(I forgot my camera... so these are from my phone... not the best quality)

Bellagio gardens...


The fountains! Love them. I got to see them 2 weekends in a row!



I love that my husband still asks me on dates and plans fun things to do. We spent a total of $4.

$2 for two water bottles... we bought them from little street guys on the walkway by the fountains... I was glad we didn't get sick...
$2 to the magician who stopped us and showed us some magic tricks...we felt obligated to tip him... even though it wasn't in the budget for the date... haha. Thanks Honey!! Love you!!

2 comments:

Kathy's Boys said...

Sounds fun. Next time you have to go to the Aria's Dessert place. They have the best Crepe's I've ever
had. We go down there once in awhile just for that! I loved seeing the Bellagio fountains last week too. I haven't sat and watched them for 2 or 3 years, and you forget how neat it is.

suzanne said...

that sounds SO fun!! (for me). i love the fountains!